BOOKING TERMS & CONDITIONS FOR Home Farm Cottages – Bakehouse, Frys Barn, Granary, Hayloft and Scrumpy.
Please Note – When you submit a booking via our online reservation system you will receive an automatically generated booking summary by email to the email address you provide in the booking form. This does not form a contract between us. A contract shall only arise when your booking is subsequently confirmed by us.
The Contract for your short-term holiday rental will be between the owners of Home Farm (hereafter referred to as “us” or “we”) and the person making the booking and all members of the holiday party (hereafter referred to as “you” or “your”) under the following booking conditions. UK law will govern the Contract.
The contract of hire is provisional until we have received your deposit and confirmed your booking by email. The contract will be subject to all these booking terms conditions and must be complied with.
The party leader must be at least 18 years of age at the time of booking and the booking form must list the party leaders name and address, as well as the number of accompanying adults, infants, children and dogs.
BOOKINGS, DEPOSIT & PAYMENT
Bookings can be requested by using our website booking system or by email or telephone. Upon acceptance of your booking we ask for an initial deposit of 30% of the holiday cost. Upon receipt of the deposit written confirmation will be sent with a summary of your booking. A final reminder will be sent to you approximately 7 weeks before the start of your holiday and the final balance is payable at least 6 weeks before the commencement of your stay. We reserve the right to cancel a holiday where the full payment has not been received within 6 weeks of the start date of your holiday. In this event we will notify you the booking is cancelled and only refund monies if we are able to re-let the cottage for that same period.
Once you have a confirmed booking (i.e. the deposit has been paid and processed), you are responsible for the full rental cost.
If the booking is made within six weeks of the holiday start date, then payment will be due in full immediately.
Short breaks are offered starting on a Friday or Saturday only,
Cancellation by you: –
If you would like to cancel your booking, please contact us in writing/email. Please note that any refund that may be given to you when cancelling your reservation is subject to deductions as set out in these terms.
A. – FOR BOOKINGS ORIGINALLY PLACED PRIOR TO MARCH 25 2020 : –
- If there are fewer than 60 days before the start of your stay, any refund we give you will be subject to: –
- any costs we have incurred in administering your booking or making specific arrangements for you (for example, credit card fees we have incurred, where you have requested certain paid-for activities, additional facilities etc, and
- our ability to find an alternative booking. If we are unable to find an alternative guest for the period of your booking, we will not offer you a refund. If we are able to find an alternative guest for the period of your booking, you will be entitled to a refund equal to: – The fee paid by the alternative guest for the accommodation, less our administrative charges described above.
- We will be unable to refund any monies In the event of cancellation for a Force Majeure Event (please see definition below). It is your responsibility to ensure that you have adequate insurance in place to cover any loss you may suffer as a result of cancelling all or part of your stay with us and any associated costs.
- If there are more than 60 days before the start of your stay, we will offer you a full refund on receipt of written cancellation, subject to any costs we have incurred in administering your booking or making specific arrangements requested in respect of your booking (for example, credit card fees we have incurred, where you have requested certain activities, additional facilities, etc.). Any such refund will be made within 21 days of written confirmation of your cancellation and provision of your bank details (we will refund via bank transfer).
- If there are fewer than 60 days before the start of your stay, any refund we give you will be subject to: –
B. FOR BOOKINGS PLACED AFTER 24th MARCH 2020: –
- If we receive written cancellation from you 2 or more working days before the start of your holiday we will refund your monies in full (repayments will be made within 14 days from receiving written cancellation and providing your bank details so we can refund via Bank Transfer), less any costs we have incurred in administering your booking or making specific arrangements requested in respect of your booking (for example, credit card fees we have incurred, where you have requested certain activities, additional facilities, etc.).
- If there are less than 2 working days before the start of your booked holiday we will not refund any monies if your booking is cancelled. (For clarity – no refund if cancelled on due date of arrival, and no refund if cancelled one day before the due date of arrival).
C. FOR BOOKINGS WE HAVE AGREED WITH YOU TO POSTPONE DUE TO THE 2020 COVID-19 OUTBREAK: –
- No refund if the agreed postponed date is subsequently cancelled by you.
Cancellation by us: –
- If our performance is hindered or prevented by a Force Majeure Event (please see definition below), we may, at its sole discretion, offer you:
- a full refund; or
- alternative holiday dates; or
- such other remedy as we considers appropriate with regard to the circumstances.
- In this contract, a Force Majeure Event means any of the following circumstances which may hinder or prevent the performance of the contract, including but not limited to:
- acts of God, flood, drought, earthquake or other natural disaster;
- epidemic or pandemic;
- terrorist attack, civil war, civil commotion or riots, war, threat of or preparation for war, armed conflict, imposition of sanctions, embargo, or breaking off of diplomatic relations;
- nuclear, chemical or biological contamination or sonic boom;
- any law or any action taken by a government or public authority, including without limitation imposing a restriction, prohibition, or failing to grant a necessary licence or consent;
- collapse of buildings, fire, explosion or accident;
- any labour or trade dispute, strikes, industrial action or lockouts;
- non-performance by suppliers or subcontractors; and
- interruption or failure of utility service.
ARRIVAL & DEPARTURE
You may access the property from 15.00 on the scheduled day of arrival. We request notification if you are likely to arrive after 18:30 or should traffic be causing a delay to your journey please.
Cottages are to be vacated by 10.00 am on your day of departure. You and your fellow guests are requested to vacate the cottages promptly on departure day. We need this time to ensure that cottages are fully prepared for the following guests.
YOUR USE OF THE PROPERTIES
The cottages are for holiday use only and must not be used for any other purpose. The agreement to stay in the property for the holiday period does not create the relationship of Landlord and Tenant between the parties. You shall not be entitled to a new tenancy, or to any assured shorthold or assured tenancy or any statutory protection under the Housing Act 1988 or other statutory security of tenure now, during or at the end of the Holiday Period.
On departure, you are requested to leave the accommodation in a clean and tidy condition. This includes washing up, removing rubbish from the cottages and putting in the labelled outside bins, ensuring ovens and fridges are clean and free from grease. (Cleaning materials, vacuum cleaner and mop are provided.)
NUMBER OF PERSONS USING THE PROPERTY
Under no circumstances may more than the maximum number of different persons stated on the website (per cottage) occupy the property during the booked period.
Home Farm, its employees, and representatives shall not be liable to you or your party for loss or damage to property. Nor shall liability be accepted by us for accident or injury to guests, either within the property or outside, howsoever arising. You must take all necessary steps to safeguard yourselves and the property.
CARE OF THE PROPERTY & KEY & CONDITION DEPOSIT
You are responsible for the property and are expected to take care of all furniture, fittings, fixtures, art work and effects, outside and in. You are responsible for taking care of the property and are expected to leave the cottage clean and tidy and in good condition – as at the beginning of your stay. Should the cottage take longer to clean after your departure than the normal allocated time we may request a contribution.
You must not use the properties for any dangerous, offensive, noxious, noisy, immoral activities or carry on any act that may be a nuisance or annoyance to the owner or other neighbouring properties.
Smoking is not allowed in any of the properties. If you do smoke, please smoke well away from the cottages and well away from open doors or windows. Please use the pots/sand provided for butts etc.
DAMAGES & BREAKAGES
You are legally bound to reimburse us for replacement, repair or extra cleaning costs on demand (although we would not charge you for the odd glass or plate). If anything is not working please let us know straight away – in person to Mike or Ruth, or via the phone 01934 843333 (leave a message if no answer).
RIGHT OF ENTRY
We shall be allowed reasonable right of entry to the property at all reasonable times for purposes of inspection or to carry out any necessary repairs or maintenance. We will normally let you know beforehand if possible.
Every effort is made to ensure that you have an enjoyable stay. However, if you have any problem or cause for complaint, it is essential that you contact us immediately to give us the chance to resolve it. We value your custom and want you to return. We are normally on site (or can be contacted on 01934 843333), and will do our best to resolve any problem. This is easier to do before you leave.
We only allow dogs (no other pets please), and only when we have they been notified during the booking process. (Maximum two well behaved and social dogs per cottage – excluding Bakehouse Cottage which is ‘dog free’) In order to maintain the cottages for everyone to enjoy, it is necessary that guests bringing dog(s) agree to abide by the dog rules below. We reserve the right to refuse admittance or request guests to leave the property without reimbursement if these conditions are not observed.
Well behaved dogs (friendly towards other dogs and humans alike) are welcome by prior arrangement. We are dog-friendly, but we do not allow excessively barky dogs nor dogs that require muzzles as it’s not fair on us, other dog owners, or the other families here.
Dog owners should ensure that dogs are kept under control and to be diligent in picking-up after them. We are dog lovers – we want to stay dog lovers! Couch covers for settees and beds are provided and should be used if your dog(s) do not stay on the floor at all times. Extra covers available upon request.
Our Information Book in each cottage will advise where there are dog-friendly pubs and walks around us – many a short distance by car from our doorstep or over the Mendip Hills (a designated Area Of Outstanding Natural Beauty), and across Loxton valley. There are also nearby woodlands and beaches. See our BLOG pages for information on beaches that are available to dogs all year around.
Each cottage that allows dogs (Scrumpy, Frys Barn, Hayloft and Granary), have their own fenced garden area immediately outside their property. There will be other guests at Home Farm, possibly with other dogs, so you must keep your dog(s) under control when outside your cottage garden and respect the fact that some families/children may not be confident with dogs. We have two fields and dogs can be let loose in here (again please respect other users).
Owners should use the throws/couch covers provided and keep the dog(s) from contact with any of the soft furnishings. We can provide stairgates in the cottages if requested.
If you are part of a group booking, and your party has taken two or more cottages the dog(s) must remain in the cottage that the dog(s) were booked into. Dogs are not permitted in Bakehouse Cottage – this cottage is kept dog-free so that we may let out to those with allergies.
Please do not leave your dog(s) alone in the cottage.
There are hose points around the site for muddy paws. We can provide extra dog towels and dog soap if requested.
Please do poop patrols before leaving and regularly in your enclosed garden, and please pick up straight away when using other areas of Home Farm. There are poo bags near the dustbins. There is a designated dustbin for poo bags.
Wi-fi, Alexa & Netflix are provided free for guest’s reasonable use. The guest agrees to reasonable and lawful usage of these services.
Accessibility Guides can be found by clicking on the Accessibility Guide link on each Cottage web page.